Credentialed Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Vicki has 17 years experience across the continuum of diabetes providing diabetes self-management and advice. Her approach uses person-centred care, motivational counselling skills and applied strategies for improving diabetes patient outcomes that are underpinned by evidence-based practice.
Vicki is a Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE):
- Vicki has completed post graduate studies in diabetes education through an accredited university course.
- Vicki is recognised by the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) for demonstrating advance knowledge and experience in diabetes management, education and clinical care.
- Vicki was awarded CDE of the Year 2016 for the State of ACT
- Vicki is committed to ongoing professional development and quality research aligned with National and International Standards in Diabetes Education and Management.
Services for people diagnosed with diabetes:
- Children and adults on insulin
- New diagnosis of diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes with elevated HbA1c or diabetes related complications
- Adults starting insulin therapy or injectable medications
- Women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes planning pregnancy Insulin Pump Therapy
- Diabetes technology – continuous blood glucose monitoring, Smart Meter
- Questions or concerns you want addressed
- List of current medications
- Most recent pathology results
- Blood glucose meter
- Blood glucose diary
- If starting injectable therapy, one device from your script
Help with managing your diabetes effectively
Diabetes can be tricky to manage, but if managed well you can reduce the risk of severe diabetes related complications.
Access Diabetes provides affordable diabetes services tailored to suit your health and lifestyle needs. You will work with a Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE), who has been specialising in diabetes management for over twenty years, to develop your diabetes management plan.