Complex Mental Health Service Shoalhaven
This program has been funded by COORDINARE -South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network and has been providing FREE Mental Health support for patients in the Shoalhaven since 2017.
This service is funded as part of the transition to stepped care services and will be provided by Credentialed Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Psychologists and Psychiatrists
Mental Health Services are provided based on identified needs and are flexible with the ability to offer a variety of interventions and intensities of service dependent on needs, personal choice and control.
Core services provided include:
- Comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment
- Collaborate person centered recovery planning and goal setting
- Clinical Care Coordination
Patients referred stay under the care of their regular GP. The Mental Health teamwork using a collaborative approach providing consults, advice, ongoing management as well as regular progress feedback.
The mental health service entails:
- Free Mental Health Service
- Uncapped Sessions
- Specialist Mental Health Assessment
- Regular Intervention & Review
- Provision & Evidence-Based Treatment
- Education Regarding Managing Illness
- Relapse Prevention Strategies
- Collaborative Approach
- Consult, Advice & Ongoing Management
- Link to Local Community Support
- Regular Progress Feedback
- Care Coordination